Who do I work with?

I work with children with neurodevelopmental challenges and their parents.

If you need a practitioner but fall outside my area of expertise, please read this blog post to help you find an experienced and appropriate practitioner, bearing in mind that SSP training is inexpensive, unregulated and now, sadly, abundant amongst professionals with no background in trauma or the nervous system.

How does the Safe and Sound Protocol work?

When the nervous system remains in a chronic state of defense, it affects both the mind and body – impacting how we feel, think, and connect with others. 

This can adversely affect our health and day-to-day experience in the world. A proven solution is to look from the bottom up.

In addition to acute, repetitive, complex and developmental trauma, the Safe and Sound Protocol has been proven to help the following difficulties and challenges:

  • Social and emotional difficulties
  • Attachment disorder
  • Auditory sensitivities
  • Auditory processing difficulties
  • Anxiety and trauma related challenges
  • Inattention
  • Stressors that impact social engagement

This blog post on the Safe and Sound Protocol also explains how it works, as do the following videos:

Introducing the new SSP Digital elements

The Safe and Sound Protocol 3 Pathways – How we use them

Dr Stephen Porges talks about the SSP

Safe and Sound Protocol UK Provider

Safe and Sound Protocol UK

Safe and Sound Protocol Children

Safe and Sound Protocol side effects

Safe and Sound Protocol provider UK